We are currently working on the message board to get it back up and running. It should be up again soon.|
Labatt Blue Tournament of Champions is back!!
Schedules are NOW OUT!! There are 11 participating Teams this year.
Full Schedule Bubble Locations
With a Perfect Day, Jeremy Davis Wins Bailey's Bar and Grill Tournament
Jeremy Davis adds another trophy to his collection, winning the Bailey's Bar and Grill Tournament, held in Levittown PA on 11/16/13. He finished the day perfect at 13-0 playing against some stiff competition.
This was a double elimination tournament, with the field initially split into 5 fields, that were drawn from a hat. The winners of each field were Bill Brooks 4-0, John Gaffney 4-0, Jimmy Schwartz 3-1, Jeremy Davis 4-0, and Doug Davis 4-0.
Seed wise, the first round had no big surprises, with Jason Truskoski, Jack Jennings, Mike, Al Jennings, Larry Jefford,Greg Ginion, and Carl Fulsher all winning.
In the second round Carl and Bill were brought to a game 3, but Bill was able to hang on. John also beat Larry, Jimmy beat Greg in a full 3 games, Jeremy beat Al, Doug beat Jack in 3 games, Jason beat Kevin, Antony beat Tom B in 3 games, and Tom S beat Brian.
In the third round, Bill Brooks beat Tom S, John Beat Anthony in 3 games, Jimmy beat Jason, and Jeremy beat brother Doug, setting up an intense final 4.
Jeremy was able to beat Bill Brooks 2 games to 0, and Jimmy was able to squeak out one of the closer series in a game 3 OT, setting up a Jimmy vs Jeremy finals.
With a late rally in game 1, Jeremy was able to win in OT, and eventually take the series 2 games to 0.
John Gaffney was able to knock off Doug Davis and Bill Brooks to get the right to play Jimmy one more time, but Jimmy still had the slight edge, winning the losers bracket game.
That set up a rematch in the finals of Jimmy vs Jeremy. Jeremy capped his day off with a win, completing his undefeated day and winning the Bailey's Bar and Grill Tournament.
Bubble Hockey Tournament at Bailey's Bar
Saturday Nov. 16th
Bailey's Bar and Grill, Levittown, PA will be hosting a bubble hockey tournament coming soon!!! John Gaffney will help run it, so you will get several pool play games and a multi-elimination tournament. There will be a good time had by all, and great bubble hockey competition.
Details are forthcoming, but this much we know:
- no entry fee!!! $0 to play!!! Most likely bar/beer specials all day, too!!! Bailey's will be offering prizes to the winners - the more players committed ahead of time, the more money they will put into this!!! Big turn-out = bigger prizes, so we need some commitments early!!!
- the tournament will be on a Saturday Nov 16th as the earliest date. 12:00 noon check-in/warm-up games, pool games start promptly at 1pm, tournament should be over about 6pm. Please post or let John Gaffney know if you are going to come - if we get a great response, we'll be a go for 11/16. Bailey's is looking to get as many players as will come - like I said, the more that commit to playing the more they will put into this...in past tournaments they have given out some sweet prizes...
- there is no player limit - as many people who want to play, can play! There will be a minimum of three (3) SuperChexx tables, more if more people sign up early.
Bailey's is a great bar with out-of-this-world wings, great food, and fabulous beers (crafts and domestics). They also are huge supporters of bubble hockey!!! If this turns out to be a huge success, Bailey's will run these on at least an annual basis.
Bailey's click for bar info
Ken Dubois Breaks through, wins Labatt tournament
Ken Dubois became the 2013 Tournament of Champions Winner after up-ending Jeremy Davis in the Finals on Saturday.
The players were split into 2 pools, A and B. There were 2 tables supplied, and each player would play 2 games on both, to make it as fair as possible.
The pool results were as follows:
1. Ken Dubois 4-0..12 GF 5 GA
2. Doug Davis 3-1..12 GF 7 GA
3. Mark Woj 2-2..14 GF 10 GA
4. Ken Cox 1-3..10 GF 15 GA
5. Bob Leblanc 0-4 3 GF 14 GA
1. Jeremy Davis 4-0 19 GF 3 GA
2. Al Jennings 2-2 10 GF 6 GA
3. Jason Truskoski 2-2 9 GF 12 GA
4. Thomas Spiegle 2-2 9 GF 10 GA
5. Jeff Stone 0-4 1 GF 17 GA
Round 1 Of Playoffs
Ken Dubois over Thomas Spiegle
Mark Woj over Al Jennings
Jeremy Davis over Ken Cox
Doug Davis over Jason Truskoski
Round 2 Of Playoffs
Ken Dubois over Mark Woj
Jeremy Davis over Doug Davis
Ken Dubois over Jeremy Davis
All Tickets to Albany have been Punched
The 2013 AHL Labatt Blue Tournament of Champions Second round is now under way. Over the next few weeks, there will be the team finals. Each Team had 7-14 tournaments in bars, and the winning person from each tournament now will play in a team finals to move on to Albany.
Most recent list of Regional Winners
1) Jeremy Davis - Connecticut Whale
2) Al Jennings Manchester Monarchs-
3) Bob Leblanc Portland Pirates-
4) Mark Woj Binghamton Senators-
5) Jason Truskoski Albany Devils-
6) Doug Davis Springfield Falcons-
7) Ken Dubois Worcester Shark-s
8) Thomas Spiegle Sr. Hershey Bears-
9) Jeff Stone Adirondack Phantoms-
10) Kenneth Cox Bridgeport Sound Tigers-
AHL Labatt Blue Tournament is back
Check your local AHL teams for schedules over the next few weeks
Jimmy Schwartz wins 97.5 Bubble Hockey Tournament
Jimmy Schwartz downs Philly's best to win the 97.5 Bubble hockey Tournament. The grand prize was a New Molson edition Bubble hockey.
NJBHL website write-up Here is the full write-up
John Gaffney wins Bailey's Bar and Grill Tournament
John Gaffney fends off Jimmy Schwartz In OT to win Bailey's Bar and Grill's tournament.
Bailey's Bar and Grill in Levittown, PA, is running their own Bubble Hockey Tournament! There will be 8 tournaments with each winner advancing to the elite 8.
week 1. John Gaffney
week 2. Jimmy Schwartz
week 3. Thomas Spiegle Sr
week 4. Brian Nelson
week 5. Dan Pettit
week 6. Kevin O'Mally
week 7. Anthony Gade
week 8. Larry Jefford
Full Write-up Here is the NJBHL write-up
Davis Brothers Storm Buffalo
The out of towners proved no match for the locals in Buffalo, after the NJ and CT crew both won their brackets and met in the finals. The finals consisted of John Gaffney and Jimmy Schwartz (NJ) VS Doug Davis and Jeremy Davis (CT). After the first game went into OT, the Davis brothers won the next game as well and emerged champions of the Buffalo science Museum bubble hockey tournament (presented by New Era) on Jan 4, 2013.
The Tournament consisted of the largest doubles field ever, with 64 teams playing for the crown. The first two rounds were best of 3, while round three and four were single elimination due to time constraints. The final 4 and the finals were also best of 3.
Davis Boys Roll.. Meet in Finals Of NJ Burlington Classic
Jeremy Davis strikes again at the Burlington Bubble Classic, beating brother Doug Davis to capture yet another tournament victory. The tournament started out in 4 pools of round robin play. The pool winners were Jeremy Davis, John Gaffney, Larry Jefford and Scott Storck ; all going 4-0. Both Jeremy and Larry only let in 7 goals, but the second tie breaker of goals scored went to Jeremy 30-17.
Some of the Main Highlights of the tournament were as follows:
#13 Bill Brooks over #4 Scott Storck 2 games to 1;
#15 Kevin O�Mally over #2 Larry Jefford 2-0;
#12 Tom S over #5 Brian Nelson 2-0;
#6 Doug Davis over #11 Jimmy S. 2-1;
#1 Jeremy Davis over #9 Jason Truskoski 2-1;
#6 Doug Davis over #3 John Gaffney 2-0.
This set up the final 4 with Bill Brooks, Ken Cox, Jeremy Davis and Doug Davis. The final 4 went as follows,
#1 Jeremy Davis over #13 Bill Brooks 3-0;
#6 Doug Davis over #7 Ken Cox 3-0, setting up an all Davis Finals
#1 Jeremy Davis over #6 Doug Davis 3-2 (Jeremy took game 1, Doug took 2 and 3, and Jeremy took 4 and 5)
1. Jeremy Davis
2. Doug Davis
3/4. Ken Cox, Bill Brooks
5. John Gaffney
6. Jimmy Schwartz
7/8. Dan Petitt, Anthony Gade
9-12. Kevin O�MallyJason Truskoski, Tom Spiegle, Scott Storck
13-16.Larry Jefford, Brian Nelson, Carl Fulsher, Jeff Harris
17. Tom Boyle
18. Dave Cardona
19/20. John Vanderoest, Greg Ginion
A major thanks yet again to John Gaffney for continuing to hold such a great tournament, with the overall skill level rising!
Full NJ write-up Check out the NJ website for a complete breakdown of the tournament
Chexx Fan World Rankings
1. Jeremy Davis- May have just surpassed everybody for the most tournament wins ever. What else is there to say about this kid? He won both days at the Molson Canadian tournament, followed by winning the Labatt Blue Tournament in Hershey, and then just recently ran the tables at the ICE House Invitational. He is the hottest bubbler in the planet right now, and there�s no sign of stopping him.
2. Ken Dubois- It would be scary to see how many tournaments he would have won, if he didn�t run into Jeremy. He has only been knocked out by him in the previous 5+ tournaments. Quite possibly one of the most consistent players around. A recent 2nd place finish at the Labatt Blue Tournament after running over some tough competition and the #1 overall seed after round robin.
3. Bill Brooks- Playing very well lately, with some Impressive finishes. Finished 2nd in the ICE House Invitational, along with a victory at the 97.5 tournament in December. Had a top 5 finish at the Molson Tournament as well, losing to only people above him in the rankings.
4. John Gaffney- Started off 2011 on fire. Convincingly won at the World�s in Buffalo, being the only other player to win a National Event in the past few years. Also has a tournament win in NJ with a loaded field. A couple of 5th place finishes in Buffalo and NJ losing to other top 10 players. No finals appearance in the last 4 tournaments, with only one final 4, means he is going to need to pick up a few more wins to get back on track to the #1 spot.
5. Mark Woj- Without a doubt the best player in the Buffalo area. Had a Great showing at the Labatt Tournament in Hershey. Swept his round robin bracket and it took a buzzer beater by Jeremy Davis to knock him out. With rumors of a King Of New England in the fall, Woj will sure be looking for blood.
6. Doug Davis- If he ever found time to practice he would be lethal. He has showed up to every tournament in the past 4 years coming directly from college, with his only practice being at tournaments. In the Labatt Blue Tournament, he won his CT regional and was eventually knocked out by Al in OT, in the elite 8 in Hershey. He finished 6th in NJ, losing to Bill Brooks and JG. Before that, he finished 2nd in the Molson Tournament in Buffalo, losing to his brother.
7. Jimmy Schwartz- No Doubt can play bubble in NJ really well. A recent top 4 finish in the ICE House Invitational, and an impressive win in the NJ tournament a little over a year ago. He has had a few top 8 finishes in the Molson and World�s, both in Buffalo, but has yet to make his presence known, in a tournament, outside of NJ. Needs to prove himself in a big show event before he can move up.
8. Al Jennings- He should realistically be top 5 caliber, but we all wish he would show up to a few more tournaments. Could easily wipe through anyone in the top 10, but a shaky finish in Buffalo may have put some question marks in a few peoples heads. A loss in OT to Ken D, by a terrible bounce, cost him a shot at the Labatt Blue Crown. A second place finish on day 1 of the Molson tournament, and sweeping the field at the New Era tournament a few years back are his other recent accomplishments.
9. Brian Nelson- Always seems to knock out a top bubbler in any tournament he plays. A little more consistency and he could easily climb up the rankings. He�s almost like a wild card, you just never want to face him.
10. Jason Truskoski- Some great bubbling lately. Knocked out by a hot Jimmy S in Buffalo, but has since been a tough exit from other tournaments. A loss in a triple OT thriller in the Labatt Qualifier to Jeremy Davis kept him from going to Hershey. A #1 overall seed in Jersey (letting up 4 goals in 5 games, with an impressive win against JG in round robin action, could be a sign of things to come.
Other notables: Scott Storch, Dan Gigante
These rankings are based off of tournaments won, and player voting. Please also check out the NJ Bubble Hockey World Rankings
NJ Bubble Hockey World Rankings These rankings are based off of a points system
Jeremy Davis sweeps field, wins Ice House Invitational
The World's #1 bubble hockey player, Jeremy Davis, continued his hot streak by capturing the Ice House Invitational Tournament in Burlington NJ. After a 5-0 round robin record, Jeremy cruised in the next few series 2 games to 0 against Jodi and 2-0 in games against Carl Fulsher (MI). In the Elite 8, (best of 5) Jeremy swept Jimmy Schwartz 3 games to 0 to set up a finals match-up with Bill Brooks, which he also won 3-0, completing a perfect 15-0 day. Also Congratulations to Bill Brooks, Jimmy Schwartz, Jason Truskoski, and Jeremy Davis for all winning their divisions. By doing so, they each won a pair of tickets to any NHL game from any team next season. Thanks again to Eklund from hockeybuzz.com for donating those tickets. Also a special thanks to John Gaffney for throwing yet another smooth tournament, which was maxed out at 24 players.
NJ Bubble Hockey Website For a full write-up of the tournament
Jeremy Davis wins Labatt Blue Tournament of Champions
Jeremy Davis survived a loaded field in the biggest bubble hockey tournament ever. The tournament kicked off on January 19th and finally concluded with the finals on March 31st. Jeremy was able to shake off some tough OT games throughout the tournament along with pulling Al Jennings and Ken Dubois in his round robin pool. After a first round blowout, he faced a 2-0 deficit vs Mark Woj, but mid-way into the 2nd, he was able to get 2 quick goals to tie it up, and a slap shot as time expired sealed the deal. In yet another tight match against Ken Dubois, Jeremy was able to pull a lightening fast move in which would prove to be the game winner. The final game on the ice will be up on youtube shortly. Congrats again to Jeremy Davis, winning his 3rd straight major event in the last 4 months.
The Finals on Video Watch Ken Dubois Vs. Jeremy Davis on Center ICE in the finals
CONGRATS To Those Moving On to Hershey, PA
Most recent list of Regional Winners
1) Mike Marciniak, Adirondack Phantoms
2) Brian Connor, Binghamton Senators
3) Doug Davis, Bridgeport Sound Tigers
4) Jeremy Davis, Connecticut Whale
5) Frederic Cassivi, Hershey Bears
6) Kenny Dubois, Manchester Monarchs
7) Erich Markee, Portland Pirates
8) Al Jennings, Providence Bruins
9) Mark Wojtkiewicz, Rochester Americans
10) Jim Thompson, Springfield Falcons
11) Matthew Butler, Worcester Sharks
Labatt Blue Tournament For included cities, check out their website
Bill Brooks wins 97.5 "The Fanatic", Molson Bubble Hockey tournament
Congratulations to Bill Brooks (left side) for taking home 1st Place at the recent 97.5 "The Fanatic", Molson Bubble Hockey tournament in Philadelphia, PA. Bill bested a field of 16 previous qualifiers and won a pair of Tickets to the upcoming NHL Winter Classic featuring the Rangers vs Flyers in Philadelphia. 2nd Place finisher Brian Nelson (right side) didn't leave empty handed, taking home the Molson themed Super Chexx Bubble Hockey game as the consolation prize!
Jeremy Davis wins Molson Canadian 2011 Bubble Hockey Tournament(s)
The Davis brothers stormed into Buffalo last weekend and took the top 2 spots at the Molson Canadian 2011 Bubble Hockey Tournament. Jeremy Davis took home the $2500 1st place check and cemented his reputation as the top Super Chexx player in the world today (not to mention bragging rights at home). Younger brother and crowd favorite Doug Davis didn't leave empty handed, taking the $1500 2nd place check back down the I-90 to CT. Dan Gigante of Buffalo, NY and Kenny Dubois of Boston, MA each took home $500 for 3rd place and every player left with lots of great Molson gear.
Jeremy Davis also won the day 1 tournament, beating Al Jennings in the finals.
Many thanks go out to all the players, Dean, Keri and John from MillerCoors, the lovely ladies from Ignite Buffalo & Slick Willie's Sports Bar for hosting the event!
The site for Chexx fans, by Chexx fans. Be sure to check out our MESSAGE BOARD for all the latest info on upcoming and completed tournaments, helpful tips for playing and maintaining your Chexx game, and an assortment of other topics!